Saturday 12 March 2011

New Brief

New Unit...New brief!

Produce a design for a duvet cover. The duvet cover measures 200 x 200cm with no repeat. Subject choices are: Mixed Media, Organic or Urban.

For a recent project i did Urban issues and I'm quite comfortable with mixed media work, but organic is something i tend to steer away from as i'm not too keen on florals. For these reasons I've decided to rise to the challenge and choose organic. I say rise to the challenge because organic is constantly used as inspiration for textiles so it will be difficult to create something that doesn't imitate or resemble someone else's work. 

My initial thoughts about using organic as my inspiration are looking at nature under the microscope and seeing the colours and patterns hidden to the naked eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment